Food Friday: Prunella Cake

Do you have a family vacation tradition?  Our family has a (mostly) annual trip tradition started in the 1990s. We travel to the Eastern Sierras and spend a week at June Lake, California.

From the collection of Gena Philibert-Ortega

I wasn't able to go this year but my mom found a local community cookbook to add to my collection. (Thanks, mom!)

From the collection of Gena Philibert-Ortega


The June Lake Loop Women's Club Cook Book is a more recent cookbook, published in 1999. It has all the familiar features of a community cookbook including the officers and board of directors of the Women's Club and lots of recipes.

I tend not to highlight newer cookbooks but in this case I wanted to share two recipes that pay tribute to the original recipe contributor. For those not familiar with the area, Lee Vining is a city in California.

From the collection of Gena Philibert-Ortega

For those who haven't had a prune cake, I highly recommend chocolate prune cake. Anyone else had prune cake or even Prunella Cake? Used leftover mashed potatoes in your cake?

Comments

Popular Posts