Food Friday: Jean Arthur's Home and Recipe

For today's Food Friday I'm sharing something a little different. Recently, I purchased a few 1940s era postcards of celebrity homes. So today I'm featuring one of those postcards showing the home of Jean Arthur and her recipe for chocolate fudge featured in the cookbook What Actors Eat --When They Eat! (1939)


I love this house and just think, chocolate fudge was always available to snack on.


Now you may be thinking, "this cookbook isn't a community cookbook!" While it's not the typical fundraising cookbook I usually write about, it is a compiled cookbook featuring names and recipes (in this case there are also photos, biographical information, and signatures).





Yes, movie stars love chocolate fudge and have it readily available wherever they are. In fact everyone should nibble on anything chocolate as often as possible!

You can read more about Jean Arthur who starred in the cowboy classic Shane on the Turner Classic Movie website. To read more about this cookbook, see my earlier blog post here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts