Food Friday: White Christmas Pie

As I thought about what to post that might seem appropriate for the holidays, I took a look at my newest pile of cookbooks from Redlands, California that my mom bought. One of my goals is to collect a variety of cookbooks from Redlands for a study and my mom came through. One of those cookbooks from 1992 included a recipe for a pie I had never heard of but judging from a  quick Google search, it is a tradition for some families.



From the  "Young at Heart's" Best Redlands (California) YMCA 1992 Cookbook comes the recipe for White Christmas Pie.

Meringue, whipping cream, coconut...it all sounds pretty good to me. And really, who doesn't like pie?



On the subject of the holiday season: I want to thank you for reading my blog and I hope you have a great holiday season that features lots of great food and family.

Comments

Popular Posts